1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Moved to another country, showed my paintings at a gallery space, won a gold Reggie award
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
My new years' resolution last year was to move to Germany, so yes, I kept it. This year I will resolve to learn German.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank God.
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
German gallery representation.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
April 13 - 29, when I was working in Hamburg
April 2, when I had my gallery show
October 30, when I got the work contract from the Berlin agency
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Landing a job in Berlin and moving here.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to quit smoking.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
A really bad cold/fever, right when I had to interview with the Berlin agency.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
The one-way ticket to come here.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
The people at my old job who tried to help me transfer to the office in Hamburg.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The new boss I had when I got back from Hamburg.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Airplane tickets and moving costs.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My gallery show, moving to Deutschland
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Lady Gaga's "Alejandro"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Vastly happier. Last year I could hardly think of a reason to keep going.
b) thinner or fatter?
c) richer or poorer?
Poorer, due to the move.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Work, although It had to be done
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Alone in a foreign land.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
No, thank God. It would have really complicated things. Now that I'm here in Berlin I'm open to the possibility, though.
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
I watched Hoarders when I was getting rid of things in preparation for my move. I guess it wins by default since I didn't watch anything else.
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
I didn't hate anyone last year and I don't hate anyone now.
25. What was the best book you read?
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Hell if I know. I didn't pay too much attention to music this year, at least nothing new.
27. What did you want and get?
To move to Berlin
28. What did you want and not get?
A billion dollars
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Encounters at the End of the World
30. What did you do on your birthday?
I was cleaning out my studio, getting ready to move.
31.What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I had worried and stressed about things less.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Every day is casual Friday in Academia!
33. What kept you sane?
Friends, my art
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I have no idea. I don't really pay attention to celebrities.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
I didn't pay attention to politics this year too much.
36. Who did you miss?
My friend S, after she left Chicago. Everyone back home after I came here.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
Cathy in Chicago, and Fabian here in Berlin.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
With patience and willpower you can make just about anything happen.
Posted via LiveJournal app for iPad.