Walked into an art gallery and spoke to the owner about my work.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't really do this.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
Germany. Although I live here, so I'm not sure that counts. I didn't really go anywhere this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2015 that you lacked in 2014?
More stability, structure, friends and happiness.
More motivation, focus and drive.
7. What dates from 2014 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 28. My last day of work before a vast chasm of joblessness.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I got off my ssri medication.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being able to find work.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My iPhone. It has streamlined my life in ways I had not expected.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friend R, who's friendship and support I could not have done without.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Various characters at my old job.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent. Food. Paint.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
When a collector came to my studio and told me my work was world class and that he could help me get on my feet in the art world. This is something that's still in the works, and who knows if anything will come of it.
16. What song will always remind you of 2014?
Trove Lo's 'Habits'
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
1. Happier or sadder? happier
2. Thinner or fatter? the same
3. Richer or poorer? poorer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying, feeling lonely, feeling lost.
20. How will you be spending Christmas/Hanukkah?
21. How many one-night stands?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Van Gogh: The Life
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn't see any from this year. Older movies, yes, but none from this year.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 41 and a friend made dinner for me. My heat and hot water were out at home. November was a difficult time for me.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Security of some kind. A plan of some kind. Knowing that I am on the 'right track', whatever that is, if it exists.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Thrift store score
31. What kept you sane?
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Lily Baldwin, although she is not really a celebrity/public figure, more a filmmaker on the cusp of massive success who inspires the hell out of me.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
I didn't follow politics.
34. Who did you miss?
No one. Everyone.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Sophie, with whom I went on many amazing adventures.
36. Did you fall in love in 2014?
No. 2014 was a love black hole.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2014?
I don't know what I learned. I'm still shell shocked. Processing. Nothing good, if that's what I'm expected to come up with.